Get Shredded With These 7 Diet Tips
1. You must consume six to seven meals per day.*XG Editor Note: Consuming six to seven meals a day is not necessary as long as you hit your daily macro nutrient requirements.
2. Protein should be the foundation of your diet as the significance of protein to muscle during dieting cannot be overstated. A maximum of 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is recommended.
3. Approximately one-sixth of your daily protein should be consumed during each meal.
4. Be consistent – meet your protein requirements every day!
5. Keep fat consumption relatively constant throughout your diet.
6. Try cycling your carbohydrate intake to keep your energy levels high and preserve muscle. Spend 2 to 3 days on each carbohydrate range before switching.
- Low-carbohydrate days = 0.5 – 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight.
- Medium-carbohydrate days = 1.5 – 1.75 grams per pound of bodyweight.
- High-carbohydrate days = 2.5 – 3.5 grams per pound of bodyweight.
7. Carbohydrate consumption should taper off throughout the day. The last meal of the day should not contain any carbohydrates